Sunday, June 5, 2011

DIY Color block leather belt



 Belts can transform any outfit. I saw some color block belts, obi style, and I decided to give it a try. Super easy DIY. I bought some leather scraps from a local fabric shop, and used my own purchased skinny belts in different colors.


 I took a wide piece of leather and cut it in half, to make enough length to wrap around my waist.  The strips are 3 inches wide each.
 Sew them together, with an overlap of about 1/2 inch. I sewed 2 straight rows.


 Now mark the slits to thread the skinny belt. They should be at equal distance from the center on each side, I used 8 and 10 inches.  Cut one inch slits where your marks are.  Thread your skinny belt.

 You can leave the edges straight or cut them in a V or rounded shape.







 You can switch belts, thread a ribbon, a suede cord, colorful scarf, or whatever you want.
Post your comments if you like this DIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment