Friday, March 30, 2012

DIY Neon shoes

DIY NEON SHOES








All I see online is neon, neon, neon, but it is almost impossible to find a cute pair of neon yellow shoes at an affordable price.  I took a pair of shoes that I have never worn but have kept for over a year and painted them neon yellow. It was relatively easy, I used regular spray paint and after wearing them they cracked a little, but it is not very noticeable. Leather paint would be best, but I can't find that anywhere.


You need:
a pair of shoes that you don't mind ruining
tape
white spray primer or paint ( it makes the neon look brighter)
neon spray paint of your choice
rubbing alcohol
clear paint to seal the color.


First, use alcohol to rub off the shinny finish on your shoes.








Use tape to mask everything you don't want painted.

 Prepare a well ventilated area, outdoors is better.
I use a cardboard box sideways and newspaper, so the paint doesn't fly everywhere.
Spray the shoes with thin coats, so the paint doesn't drip. I used about 4 coats of primer, very light.
Let it dry and when dry , spray thin light coats of the neon color until evenly coated. Remove the tape before the paint is dry, to avoid peeling of the paint.  Finish with a clear coat and let dry for 24 hours








Let dry for 24 hours,







Wear proudly!!!!!!!!!!!!



DIY NEON SHOES

12 comments:

  1. amazing DIY!!! i love that color and it looks like they should have been yellow the whole time. great post! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is awesome!
    xx
    Nina Mia
    http://nina-mia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, never thought about spray paint. I wanted a pr. of yellow shoes, but decided to make these instead. Check out: http://kerryand.posterous.com/
    I am new to blogging, but will add more projects as I go along. Looking for similar blogs. Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Was looking at different neon yellows for a DIY neon business card at the edges, and I'm glad I saw how the color turned out on your shoes. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty amazing! I really love Neon and I can't believe you can actually make your own color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great DIY :) thanks for sharing. and the colour looks so natural!
    in btw your blog is great :) I'm your newest follower ;)

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did an amazing job! The colour came out so vibrant and wonderful :)

    PS. I've got a jewellery giveaway that I'd love for you to enter!
    You'll automatically get a 10% discount from The Dark Horse Jewellery and could win a voucher to recieve pieces from the likes of Low Luv and House of Harlow. No need to follow me, just a great opportunity to win a great prize, xo

    from L U A R

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so new and clean! Love it. I already have the materials since I'm planning to do the same too but I haven't started. :)

    www.gianbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete